Questo articolo è disponibile anche in: Italiano (Italian)
The ancient village of Belcastro also plays the 1 euro houses card and presents its municipal project. The properties at the symbolic price of 1 euro will be purchased from the local population and sold to those interested in renovating them.
A recovery project not to be underestimated, as for village has an enviable geographical position: only 15 minutes from the Ionian sea and 15 minutes from the mountains of the little Sila.
Belcastro has very old historical roots, dating back to Magna Grecia. It is the birthplace of St. Thomas Aquinos that has given much to Christian Catholic Italy. Belcastro was both a medieval fief and a bishopric. In this way, there are numerous historical monuments of various eras, of which very few Calabrian cities can boast.
The grandeur of the ruins of the Castle of the Counts of Aquino dominates the landscape. The city below winds through the ancient village that follows the course of the mountain.
Nearby there are also waterfalls and nature reserves where you can take walks and immerse yourself in nature. Don’t miss in Belcastro their famous olive oil and at their gastronomical table, full of Calabrian specialities.
How to reach Belcastro
By PLANE: From Lamezia Terme International Airport, 1 hour
By CAR: From Catanzaro: 46 minutes via State Road 106 Ionica / E90
The 1 euro houses project in Belcastro
The “One Euro Houses” project in Belcastro is aimed at property owners who are unable to prepare resources for the renovation of their buildings and intend to shake off the tax burden, offering their property at a symbolic price.
On the other hand, the municipality expects purchase offers from those who intend to have a home in Belcastro (for a temporary and permanent stay) or want to establish their craft business, a catering or accommodation activity here.
For each property will be drawn up rankings for the assignment. Priority will be given to projects that propose the start of the renovation works in a short period of time, those who will transfer their residence here and those who will use local workers for the renovation.
Buyers will need to know to commit to:
- Enter into a public deed of purchase of the property within 2 months of the enforceability of the determination of approval of the assignment act or any allocation ranking;
- Incur all expenses for the drafting of the transfer document (notaries, registration, volture, stacking, etc.);
- To prepare a project for the renovation and recovery of the building, acquiring all the necessary opinions, within 8 months from the date of purchase;
- Start work within 3 months of the date of issue of the building permit;
- Take out a surety policy, in favour of the Municipality of Belcastro, of the amount of € 20,000.00 valid for 3 years, to guarantee the concrete realization of the works. In case of default of the transferee, the Municipality will have the right to forfeit the policy and to purchase, free of charge, the property of the property.
Link of the call here.
Here's how to buy 1€ Houses with our 5€ ebook
- Available in English in PDF and epub format.
- How to buy 1 Euro Houses in Italy?
- How to find available 1 Euro Houses in Italy?
- How to plan for the purchase and renovation?
Contacts of the municipality
Comune di Belcastro
Piazza S. Tommaso d’Acquino 2
88050 Belcastro (CZ)