Questo articolo è disponibile anche in: Italiano (Italian)
The Municipality of Bivona in the province of Agrigento adheres to 1 Euro Houses project.
Here's how to buy 1€ Houses with our 5€ ebook
- Available in English in PDF and epub format.
- How to buy 1 Euro Houses in Italy?
- How to find available 1 Euro Houses in Italy?
- How to plan for the purchase and renovation?
With this initiative, the City Administration aims to repopulate the old town and recover the abandoned properties left to the neglect of time.
The origin of Bivona dates back to 1160, at the time of the Arab-Norman domination. Between the 15th and 16th centuries it was one of the major feudal centers of Sicily.
The village is located in a green valley and is home to the Sican Mountains Nature Park. It’s an hour’s drive from the beautiful city of Agrigento and the wonderful beaches of the city of Sciacca.
The atmosphere in the streets and squares of the ancient medieval village is imbued with legends, ancient Sicilian traditions, the quiet and serenity that only a direct contact with nature can inspire.
Bivona is considered the city of music for the countless concerts involving numerous musicians.
Bivona‘s agri-food and gastronomic tradition is of manifest Arab descent.
|Comune di Bivona|
Piazza Damaso Pio De Bono,
92010 Bivona AG
Tel +39 0922 983853
How the 1 Euro Houses project works in Bivona
The goal of the municipality of Bivona is to recover and enhance the uninhabited and abandoned properties of the old town that have been in a state of decay for many years.
The recovery and redevelopment of these properties will allow the enhancement of the historic part of the country, the establishment of new residential communities and will give impetus to the socio-economic growth of the village.
Property owners who give the willingness to sell the property at symbolicprice of 1€.
- prepares documentation, provides information, clarification and collaboration and photos of the properties.
- Manages the waiting list for the allocation of houses
- It promotes the project in every form also through the Internet.
Prospective buyers can be:
- Individual companies, Agencies, Companies, Cooperatives occupied in the sectors: realization, sale, management of real estate for tourist-receptive purposes or for housing purposes.
- Private Italian citizens, EU and non-EUcitizens, interested in the use of housing, commercial, artisanal, tourist – receptive;
- Manufactor or commercial companies interested in real estate to make up their business.
- Cultural, musical, sporting and other associations, not for profit, interested in making it their headquarters or for the conduct of their activity.
The buyer can apply to buy one or more propertiespresent in the section “Bivona – 1 Euro Houses” on the municipality’s official website, indicatingnumber of the property sheet.
The buyers will also have to declare theprospective use of the property
- Housing for young couples or disadvantaged families;
- Homes for individuals or families;
- Homes to be used for second homes or holiday homes;
- Tourist-receptive facilities such as B&B, Widespread Hotel, etc.;
- Rooms for shops or craft workshops;
- Social headquarters for cultural, musical, sporting, and other non-profit organizations.
- Finalise the purchasewithin two months of the assignment and to handle the expensesrelated to the transfer of ownership.
- Within three months of the acquisitionmust file with the City Offices the project for the execution of thework.
- Start and finish the workswithin three years.
- Take out a policytrust in favour of the City of Bivona, for the amount
of € 2,500.00valid for three years to guarrantee therealisation of the project. In the event that the buyer is non-compliant, the municipality hasright to the guarantee.
Documents that the buyer must submit
- Purchase application declaring its willingness to purchase the property for the price of 1 euro at email@example.com, or by ordinary mail to Comune di Bivona, Piazza Damaso Pio De Bono, 92010 Bivona AG.
- Brief technical-explanatory report of the recovery proposal the use of the property and the necessary building work
Criteria for the assignment of theproperties
In the event that for the sameproperty more than one request is received, the Municipality will be drawn up a rankingaccording to the following criteria:
- Commitment to the conclusion of theworks within a shorter period than stated in the Regulation:
- Three years from the permit 1 point
- Preemption for propertiesclose to the property in object:
- Yes 3 points
- Acquisition of residenceat the Bivona Municipality:
- Yes 5 points
- Interventions involving the implementationof works with renewable energy sources using materials allowed in thehistorical center:
- Yes 5 points
- Interventions with the use ofeco-friendly materials:
- Yes 5 points
The Public Notice on the initiative“Bivona – 1 Euro Houses” is open and can be used up toexhaustion of the sales proposals. The duration, which is just beingpublished, is set to 3 three years.
It is advisable to read the OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION
Click here to download the official documentation