This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)
Cammarata is an ancient village in the center of Sicily, in the heart of the regional park of the Sicani Mountains and adheres to the project 1 Euro Houses (Case a 1 Euro).
The historic center of the village, developed around the castle, has retained the urban features of the medieval village.
In recent years, the village has lost a big part of the population and many houses are left vacant.
By joining the 1 euro Housing Project, the municipality of Cammarata intends to redevelop abandoned properties in the historic center.
The contribution of the owners is fundamental. They give their properties free of charge for tourist-receptive purposes.
In Cammarata, walking the ancient streets, amongst those houses, you will find yourself smelling fresh broom or jasmine, orthe smell of delicious food coming out of the open windows, in great weather, and you feel immersed in time, as if the light-soaked wind of the mountain whispered the history of the country.
|Comune di Cammarata |
92022 Cammarata AG
Tel +39 0922-907211
Fax +39 0922-903996
Ufficio Relazioni col Pubblico
How the 1 Euro Housing project works in Cammarata
The goal of the Municipality of Cammarata is to recover and enhance the uninhabited and abandoned properties of the historical center.
The recovery and retraining of the properties will allow the redevelopment of the historical part of the village, the establishment of new residential communities and will boost the socio-economic growth of the village.
Owners of the properties who are willing to give the property for free. The proposals received will be included in a special register and will be valid for a period of 2 years.
The municipality itself, that is committed to promoting the project in every form, both through institutional and through the Media, the Internet and Social Networks.
It prepares the documentation, provides information, clarifications.
It manages assignments and waiting lists.
Buyers. They can be:
- Individual companies, agencies, Companies in the sectors: building, sale, management of real estate for tourist-receptive purposes or for housing purposes.
- Private Italian citizens, both EU and non-EU, interested in housing, commercial, artisanal, tourist– receptive;
- Imprese artigiane o commerciali interessate agli immobili per farne sede della propria attività.
- Cultural associations, music, sports and other, non-profit, interested in making it the registered office for their activities.
The future buyers are obliged to:
- finalise the purchase within two months of the assignment and to handle the expenses for the transfer of ownership,
- mettere in sicurezza il fabbricato immediatamente dopo l’acquisizione. Se non si provvede a farlo il Comune eseguirà i lavori addebitando le spese al nuovo proprietario;
- preparare il progetto di ristrutturazione entro un anno dalla data di acquisto;
- di iniziare i lavori entro due mesi dal rilascio delle autorizzazioni necessarie e ultimare i lavori entro tre anni;
- draw bank guaranty in favour of the Municipality of Cammarata in the amount of 5,000.00 euros valid for three years to guarantee for the realization of the works. In case of non-fulfilment, the Municipality might hold onto the sum.
The buyer must submit the following documents
- Purchase application property, with all of the required documentation;
- Breve relazione tecnico-esplicativa della proposta di recupero la destinazione d’uso dell’immobile e l’intervento edilizio necessario;
- commitment to take out the trust policy guarantee the execution of the work as stated.
Criteria for the property allocation
In case of multiple requests for the same property, the allocation will follow these criteria:
- Failure to own other properties in the Municipality: points 5
- Young couple living together for at least 12 months with children: 30 points
- Giovane coppia o coppia di fatto convivente da almeno 12 mesi senza figli: punti 29
- Young people up to 30 years old: points 25
- Mother girl, boy father, divorced, widowers of both sexes: 35 points
- Unione con una proprietà confinante: punti 20
- Union of relevance, garage or cellar within 100 meters: points 5
- Creazione di nuove attività produttive o commerciali: punti 27
- Young people up to 39 years old who open a productive or commercial activity: points 28
The Urban Planning Manager will review the requests and compile the waiting list according to the above criteria.
It is advisable to view the OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION
Regulation, Documentation, List of Properties